Los Angeles, CA – The CHIRLA Action Fund, the political arm of the largest immigrant rights organization in California, has issued its final round of political endorsements for the 2016 Presidential Election. This election will be one for the history books and the sheer magnitude of new American immigrant voters will be deciding the future of our country.
Over the past year, the dialogue regarding immigrants has been one filled with hate. To fight this hate back, we are proud to have champions that will stand up for our immigrant community. These strong voices will ensure that our values are upheld and that we continue to find positive solutions to the issue of immigration. The CHIRLA Action Fund endorsement are as follows:
- California Senate: Kamala Harris
- Congressional District 25: Bryan Caforio
- Congressional District 44: Isadore Hall
- Congressional District 46: Lou Correa
- State Senate District 21: Johnathon Ervin
- State Senate District 35: Warren Furutani
- State Assembly District 36: Steve Fox
- State Assembly District 65: Sharon Quirk-Silva
- Mayor of Palmdale: Xavier Flores
- Garden Grove School District: Walter Muneton
The CHIRLA Action Fund endorsement process includes a face to face meeting with candidates, a rigorous questionnaire, background research, and a recommendation by the Staff which must be approved by the Board of Directors.