No upcoming events scheduled...
POSITION: CHIRLA Action Fund Phone Operator
TYPE: Temporary Regular Part-time
REPORTS TO: Civic Engagement Outreach Coordinator
START: May 6 thru June 3, 2014
WORK SCHEDULE: Sunday-Thursday: 4-8pm; Saturday: 8am-1pm; subject to change
CLOSING DATE OF THIS POSITION: April 25, 2014
Californians for Human Immigrant Rights Leadership Action Fund (CHIRLA Action Fund) works to advance the human and civil rights of immigrants through civic engagement and community education, support the passage and monitor proposed or enacted ballot measures and legislation at state, federal and local level to build a more just society.
Californians for Human Immigrant Rights Leadership Action Fund (CHIRLA Action Fund) is seeking motivated individuals to work as phone operators as part of our Electoral Campaign.
- Contact voters over the phone on given values-based electoral campaign;
- Identify at least 1,000 voters that support CHIRLA Action Fund campaign over the next weeks;
- Report daily and weekly tallies on total voters called, reached, and identified as supporters;
- Participate in daily debriefs and reporting around messaging, evaluation, and progress to date;
- Turn in time-sheets and other administrative materials according to deadlines assigned;
- Other duties and responsibilities as necessary.
- Fully bilingual (English and Spanish);
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills over the phone;
- Computer literacy: word processing, internet navigation, and other work-related applications;
- Commitment to immigrant and worker rights and CHIRLA Action Fund mission;
- Energy and enthusiasm on CHIRLA Action Fund’s values based electoral campaign;
- Attend mandatory trainings as needed;
- Ability to have positive working relationship with CHIRLA Action Fund staff, members and allies;
- Previous experience is a plus.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line should read: CHIRLA Action Fund Phone Operator
To apply by mail send materials to: CHIRLA Action Fund
Attn: Human Resources
2533 W. 3rd St., Suite 101, Los Angeles, CA 90057
To apply by fax send materials to: Fax: (213) 353-1344
CHIRLA Action Fund is proud to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender individuals.