Electoral Field Manager
No upcoming events scheduled...
POSITION: Action Fund Electoral Field Manager
SALARY: Based on experience
TYPE: Temporary Full-time
REPORTS TO: Program Director
START: May thru November 2014
CLOSING DATE OF THIS POSITION: Open until filled Californians for Human Immigrant Rights Leadership Action Fund (CHIRLA Action Fund) works to advance the human and civil rights of immigrants through civic engagement and community education, support the passage and monitor proposed or enacted ballot measures and legislation at state, federal and
local level to build a more just society.
Californians for Human Immigrant Rights Leadership Action Fund (CHIRLA Action Fund) is seeking
motivated individuals to help execute the 2014 Civic Engagement work in Congressional District 25. The Electoral Field Manager will be in charge of managing Congressional District 25 with a strong focus in the cities of Lancaster and Palmdale. The field director is in charge of making sure the campaign gets its message out through direct voter contact. Their main responsibility is to execute a comprehensive plan that includes door knocking and phone banking in order to ID voters and persuade them about getting out to vote. The field director needs to be highly organized, energetic, capable of motivating and managing staff and volunteers and able to manage large quantities of data.
- Delivering set goals on volunteers, voters contacted and voter turnout;
- Provide skills and instructions to volunteers for proper and successful voter contact;
- Deliver campaign message through voter contact program;
- Oversee the implementation of campaign plan by volunteers;
- Report daily and weekly tallies on total volunteers, voters called, reached, and identified as supporters in both phoning and canvassing activities;
- Participate in daily debriefs and reporting around messaging, evaluation, and progress to date;
- Turn in time-sheets and other administrative materials according to deadlines assigned;
- Other duties and responsibilities as necessary.
- Strong commitment and passion to building the political power of disenfranchised communities, particularly the Latino and immigrant community
- Fully bilingual (English and Spanish)
- At least two years of experience in electoral work cycles with a strong background in community organizing and demonstrate the ability to relate to grassroots community organizations
- Strong understanding of legal parameters for electoral organizing in a 501 (c) (3) and 501 (c) (4) contexts
- Strong organizational skills, highly accountable and able to multi-task effectively in a campaign environment
- Experience in managing campaign staff and their development
- Experience and comfort working in a multi-issue and multi-cultural environment
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Computer literacy: word processing, internet navigation, and other work-related applications
- Must have a reliable car and driver license
- Flexibility to travel and have in person check ins with fellows, members, and volunteers
- Knowledge of and commitment to immigrant and worker rights and CHIRLA mission
- Energy and enthusiasm on CHIRLA’s values based electoral campaign
- Attend mandatory trainings as needed; and
- Ability to have positive working relationship with CHIRLA staff, members and allies.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line should read: Action Fund Electoral Field Manager
To apply by mail send materials to: Californians for Human Immigrant Rights Leadership Action Fund (CHIRLA Action Fund)
Attn: Human Resources
2533 W. 3rd St., Suite 101, Los Angeles, CA 90057
To apply by fax send materials to: Fax: (213) 353-1344
CHIRLA Action Fund is proud to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender individuals.