CHIRLA Action Fund Canvassers
No upcoming events scheduled...
TYPE: Temporary Regular Part-time
REPORTS TO: Regional Organizer
POSITIONS ARE AVAILABLE: Central Valley, Antelope Valley, Congressional District 39th
START: Sept 10, 2018 – Nov 6, 2018
WORK SCHEDULE: Varies by region. Must be available to work weekends
CLOSING DATE: Until filled
Californians for Human Immigrant Rights Leadership Action Fund (CHIRLA Action Fund) works to advance the human and civil rights of immigrants through civic engagement and community education to support the passage and monitor proposed or enacted ballot measures and legislation at state, federal and local level to build a more just society.
Californians for Human Immigrant Rights Leadership Action Fund (CHIRLA Action Fund) is seeking motivated individuals to work as canvassers as part of our Electoral Campaign.
- Contact voters over through doors on given values-based electoral campaign;
- Identify at least 300+ voters that support CHIRLA Action Fund campaign over the next weeks;
- Report daily and weekly tallies on total voters called, reached, and identified as supporters;
- Participate in daily debriefs and reporting around messaging, evaluation, and progress to date;
- Turn in time-sheets and other administrative materials according to deadlines assigned;
- Other duties and responsibilities as necessary.
- Fully bilingual (English and Spanish);
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills Computer literacy: word processing, internet navigation, and other work-related applications;
- Commitment to immigrant and worker rights and CHIRLA Action Fund mission;
- Energy and enthusiasm on CHIRLA Action Fund’s values based electoral campaign;
- Attend mandatory trainings as needed; (mileage will be reimbursed)
- Ability to read and understand maps
- Ability to have positive working relationship with CHIRLA Action Fund staff, members and allies;
- Previous campaign and data entry experience is a plus.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to Maribel@chirlafund.org
Subject Line should read: CHIRLA Action Fund Canvassers