No upcoming events scheduled...
CHIRLA Action Fund speaks up for full inclusion of immigrant families throughout California. We fight for the preservation of education and human services at a time when severe and short-sighted cuts in schools and health care are threatening our state’s recovery and long-term success.
Our work in California has set a standard of leadership and sparked a nationwide drive by state lawmakers to remove barriers to educational attainment and economic contribution by immigrant students. We also stand for justice in federal policy. We shine a light in the shadows to expose the hypocrisy of our broken immigration policies and to empower immigrant families.
Our efforts have exposed cruel and short-sighted raids that endanger family and economic security, and rather than upholding it, actually undermine the rule of law. We resist legislative and political attacks on constitutional and civil rights while calling for passage of comprehensive immigration reform and the DREAM Act to remove undue barriers to citizenship and achievement for workers and students.
CHIRLA ACTION FUND BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Note: Titles for informational purposes only.
- Angelica Salas, Board Chair, Executive Director for Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights of Los Angeles (CHIRLA)
- Mayron Payes, Secretary, Senior Organizer, Center for Community Change (CCC) & Fair Immigration Reform Movement (FIRM)
- Zerihoun Yilma, MBA, Treasurer, Associate Director, Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights of Los Angeles (CHIRLA)
- Mayra E. Alvarez, Board Member, President, The Children’s Partnership
- Xiomara Coreño, Board Member, Director of Capacity Building, Groundswell Fund
- Carlos Preza, Board Member, Organizer, International Union of Petrolium and Industrial Workers – United Steel Workers (IUPIW-USW)
- Marcelo Gaete-Tapia, Board Member, Vice-President and Governmental Affairs Entravision Communications
- Cindy Montanez, Board Member, Special Advisor to Executive Office/General Manager of Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (LADWP)
- Alvaro Huerta, Board Member, Staff Attorney, National Immigration Law Center (NILC)
- Horacio Arroyo, Board Member, Project Coordinator, City of Los Angeles
- Mary Ochs, Board Member, Consultant